Good Finance understands your privacy is important to you. It’s important to us too.
Personal information is information that is about an identifiable individual. As a registered Financial Service Provider, Good Finance takes its obligations for protecting personal information seriously. We are bound by, and will abide by, the requirements of the Privacy Act 2020.
This Privacy Notice applies to all products and services offered by Good Finance Limited. It does not replace the terms and conditions or the Privacy Waiver that governs your relationship with us.
If we update this Privacy Notice, we will let you know by publishing it on our website.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information that we will collect includes:
- Your contact details such as address, telephone number, email address
- Identification information including your full name and date of birth
- Financial information such as your income, expenses, banking history
- Your credit record
- Employment details including employer and type of work
- Information about important life events and your family.
We collect this information from you directly or from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, motor vehicle dealers or other introducers, or other representatives such as legal advisers.
We may record telephone calls so that we can train our staff, and improve our services to you.
We also collect personal information you have shared on public websites, e.g. social media and information that is publicly available such as through public registers which may be used to supplement our customer databases and for marketing purposes.
Why do we collect this Personal Information?
We collect, use and share personal information with others to:
- Assess your loan application
- Help us to administer any loan and/or security property you have with us
- Manage arrears and defend any rights to collect money from you
- Offer a service or market a product to you that is either our product or a product that we market or administer, including targeted marketing
- Meet our internal operational requirements, such as for credit and risk management, product or system development and planning, insurance, audit and administration purposes
- Facilitate the transfer or assignment of our rights
- Comply with our legal obligations.
Who might we share this information with?
We share your personal information with other parties for the purposes outlined above and as permitted by law. The third parties that we share your personal information with include:
- Your referring broker, dealer or other introducer
- Credit reporting agencies for the purposes of identity verification, credit reporting, monitoring services, and to provide them with updates, such as default information
- Government agencies and regulators in order to comply with any laws, rules or regulatory requirements
- The Ministry of Justice to obtain fines information
- External dispute resolution schemes
- Any third parties who provide services to us, including technology service providers, debt collection agencies and our professional advisers.
If we believe that a privacy breach has occurred that we believe has caused or is likely to cause you serious harm we shall notify the Office of the Privacy Commissioner and you as soon as possible.
Storage of your Personal Information
Your personal information is stored electronically or in paper files. Generally, we hold your personal information in New Zealand. Service providers (including cloud-based storage providers in New Zealand and overseas) may hold it on our behalf.
We take security measures to keep your personal information safe against unauthorised use, access and disclosure. This includes the use of passwords and other identity controls.
Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections to it.
You are responsible for advising us if you change your address or other contact details. You can contact us to advise us of a change in your details by emailing email@example.com or phoning us on 0800 82 82 83. We will grant access to personal information to the extent required by applicable Privacy Law and will take reasonable steps to amend personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- You will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- We may charge you a reasonable administration fee which reflects the cost to us for providing access in accordance with your request. We will not charge you for making the request.
- We request that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
If we refuse your request to access or correct your personal information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of the ways in which you can make a complaint. We will also take steps reasonable in the circumstances to provide you with access to your personal information in a manner that meets yours and our needs. In some cases, we do not have to give you access to certain information. If this is the case, we will tell you and we will explain why this is the case.
If we don’t think the information needs correcting, we will advise you of this and explain why.
If you need to make a complaint or would like to give us feedback please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond within 2 working days.
Your satisfaction is important to us, and we will work hard to resolve any issue. In the event we cannot do so, or if you are unhappy with the outcome, you can contact Fairway Resolution – New Zealand’s leading dispute resolution and conflict management organisation – www.fairwayresolution.com
If your complaint is about privacy, you can also make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. See www.privacy.org.nz for more information.